Dr. Qing-Hu Ma
WORK ADDRESS :
Institute of Botany,
Chinese Academy of Sciences
20 Nanxin Cun, Xiangshan
Beijing 100093, China
Tel : 0086-10-62836236
Fax : 0086-10-68396653
Nationality : The People's Republic of China
« PhD, (in-service) Plant Molecular Biology, Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences under the supervision of Professors Jing-San Sun and Yan-Ru Song. Thesis:"Cytokinin determination, transgenic plants with isopentenyl transferase gene and regulation of gene expression". Sept 1995- Aug 1997.
« M.Sc., Plant Physiology, Graduate School, Chinese Academy of Sciences under the supervision of Professor C. Tsui. Thesis:" The effect of the naphthalene acetic acid, wound and kinetin on the callus formation with relation to the biosyntheses of tryptophan and indole acetic acid in the cotyledon of mung bean." February 1982-January 1985.
« B.Sc., Biochemistry and Microbiology, Department of Biology, Hebei University. Thesis:" Isolation and purification of phosphoacetyltransferase from E. coli cv1.505." March 1978-January 1982.
Professor at Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Group leader of Plant Stress Metabolism and Biotechnology. Analysis of lignin biosynthesis pathways in wheat and alfalfa. Investigation of evolution relationship of plants by lignin metabolism Studying plant hormone actions in relation to plant development and stress reactions. Oct 1999-present.
Visiting Professor at Noble Foundation, Plant Biology Division, USA, Dr Richard Dixon Laboratory. Studied lignin biosynthesis in alfalfa and wheat. 2000, 2002 and 2004, each time for 5 months.
Professor at Institute
of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Studied the plant development in
transgenic tobacco which has expressed ipt genes. Investigated the development
of transgenic tobacco which has down-ethylene production by antisense ACC
synthase gene from tomato. Isolated ripening-related cDNAs from the Chinese
native peach. Production of biodegradable polyester PHB by transgenic plants.
Field tests of the transgenic potato which has expressed PVX, PVY and PLRV
cp proteins genes. Vice Chief Editor of the Chinese Concise Encyclopaedia,
Biology Volume. January 1994-Sept 1999.
Research Associate at Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Delayed fruit softening by transformed the antisense polygalacturonase (PG) and 1- aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate synthase (ACC) genes into transgenic tomato. Developed virus resistant potato cultivars by introduced PVX, PVY and PLRV cp protein genes into transgenic potato and its field tests. December 1989-December 1993.
Visiting Scientist at Plant Molecular Biology Laboratory, Division of Plant Industry, CSIRO, Australia with Dr TJ Higgins. Studied molecular base of cytokinin action using transgenic tobacco. Isolated cytokinin specifically regulated genes in relation to leaf senescence by cDNA library technique. November 1988 - November 1989.
Associate at Plant
Molecular Biology Laboratory, Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
Improved potato cultivars by tissue culture and genetic engineering techniques.
December 1987-October 1988.
Research Assistant at Plant Hormone Laboratory, Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Developed a new method to analyze phytohormones by HPLC and ELISA. Studied cytokinin metabolism in relation to plant development. February 1985-November 1987.
Teaching for the graduate
students at the Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Sciences.
« Molecular biology research of plant hormones. 1991-1996.
« Plant hormone and cell differentiation, 1997-2005
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY
Member of Chinese Society
« Member of Chinese Society of Genetics
« Member of Chinese Society of Botany
Qing-Hu Ma, Bin Tian, 2005. Biochemical characterization of a cinnamoyl-CoA
reductase from wheat. Biol. Chem., 387: 553–560.
2. Xing-Mei Wang, Qing-Hu Ma, 2005. Characterization of a jasmonate-regulated wheat protein related to a beta-glucosidase-aggregating factor. Plant Physiol Biochem., 43: 185–192.
3. Qing-Hu Ma, Bin Tian, 2005. Characterization of a wheat histidine-containing phosphotransfer protein (HP) that is regulated by cytokinin-mediated inhibition of leaf senescence. Plant Science, 168:1507–1514.
4. Yu Ding, Qing-Hu Ma, 2004. Characterization of a cytosolic malate dehydrogenase cDNA which encodes an isozyme toward oxaloacetate reduction in wheat. Biochimie, 86 : 509–518.
5. Zhan-Bing Lin, Yang Xu, Qing-Hu Ma, Yu, Ding, 2004. Cloning and evolutionary analysis of a partial cytosolic malate dehydrogenase cDNA from wheat. J. Agricultural Biotechnology, 12:38-42.
6. Yang Xu, Qing-Hu Ma, 2004. Medicago truncatula Mt-ZFP1 encoding a root enhanced zinc finger protein is regulated by cytokinin, abscisic acid and jasmonate, but not cold. DNA Sequence, 15: 104-109.
7. Qing-Hu Ma, Xing-Mei Wang. 2003. Characterization of an ethylene receptor homologue from wheat that is regulated during leaf senescence. J Exp Bot., 54:1489-1490.
8. Qing-Hu Ma, Yang Xu, Zhan-Bing Lin, Ping He, 2002. Cloning of cDNA encoding COMT from wheat which is differentially expressed in lodging-sensitive and -resistant cultivars. J. Exp. Bot.,53: 2281-2282.
9. Qing-Hu Ma, Zhan-Bing Lin, De-Zhi Fu, 2002. Increased seed cytokinin levels in transgenic tobacco influence embryo and seedling development. Funct. Plant Biol. (original Aust J Plant Physiol), 29: 1107-1113.
10. Zhan-Bing Lin, Qing-Hu Ma, Yang Xu, 2001. Lignin biosynthesis and its molecular regulation. Progress in Nature Sciences, 13, 321-328.
11. Zhan-Bing Lin, Qing-Hu, Ma, Mi Ma, 2001. Cloning and expression analysis of two wheat cDNAs encoding cinnamoyl-CoA reductase. Acta Botanica Sinica, 43:1043-46.
12. Jian-Hua Wei, Hua-Yan Zhao, Shan-Fa Lu, Tai Wang, Qing-Hu Ma, Yan-Ru Song, 2001. Cloning of cDNA encoding COMT from Chinese poplar (Populus tomentosa), sequence analysis and specific expression. Acta Botanica Sinica, 43:326-328.
13. Qing-Hu Ma, 2000. Cloning and analysis of a cDNA coding for inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase from peach. J Plant Physiol,, 156: 130-132, 2000.
14. Qing-Hu Ma, Li-Mei Wang, Yan-Ru, Song, Zhi-Qing Zhu, 1999. Cloning and expression of a cDNA encoding endopolygalacturonase from Feicheng peach. Acta Botanica Sinica, 41: 263-267.
15. Tian-Ran Li, Zhi-Zhong Zhang, He-Ling Zhang, Qing-Hu Ma, Yan-Ru Song, 1999. Transformation of Cucumis melo cv. Hetau with tomato antisense ACC synthase gene. Acta Botanica Sinica, 41: 142-145.
16. Yan-Ru Song, Qing-Hu Ma, Shan-Fa Lu, 1999. The new strategy to prevent pulp and paper making pollution. Biotechnology Information, 1999(2): 23-27.
17. Qing-Hu Ma, Ren Zhang, C.H. Hocart, D.S. Letham, T.J. Higgins, 1998. Seed-specific expression of the isopentenyl transferase gene (ipt) in transgenic tobacco. Aust.J.Plant Physiol., 25: 52-59.